Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

Even though my roommates didn’t like Nora’s pumpkin pie very much (the one made with squash and sweet potatoes), they all liked the pumpkin muffins I made! Pumpkin muffins are one of my very favorite things, and every year except when I was in Spain mom has sent me some in the mail. Sending muffins in the mail to Andorra would have been a bad idea, though, especially when this package took almost a month to get here (via a short trip to Canada). Of course, mom wouldn’t tell me what was in the package, so I was in for a big surprise when it finally arrived.

.

The wait was well worth it, though, because inside the package was a canned pumpkin, spices, paper muffin cups, and a muffin tin. I still can’t get over the fact that mom sent me a muffin tin. Even though we don’t have measuring cups or spoons I managed to make an acceptable batch of muffins that everybody liked. People were laughing at how many I made, but I managed to give some away. The rest I scarfed down in a couple of days.

.

Speaking of pumpkin, I was watching Memoirs of a Geisha with my roommate Alba awhile ago. One of the characters’ nicknames is Pumpkin, and I asked if they used that as a nickname in Spanish. She laughed at that, but I guess it would sound pretty ridiculous to call somebody “calabaza.”

No comments:

Post a Comment