Monday, November 30, 2009

(Another) New Apartment

Remember how excited I was in October to finally stay in one place for awhile? Haha, well it’s all a learning experience here, right?
.
While my old place was only three minutes from my school, that was about the only thing it was close to. I was getting sick of the bus system and the fact that the last bus runs at 9:30 leaving me with the choice of no social life or a half hour walk in the cold every time I wanted to do something. Not to mention a half hour trip both ways to go to a decent grocery store.
.
I have been so lucky both times I’ve looked for apartments, and after only a couple days of looking I found my new place. Now I live just a couple of buildings down from Risha and within walking distance to pretty much everything except school. Living close to school at my old place was really nice, but being so far away from everything else wasn’t worth it. Now I live with two guys and one girl, all from Catalunya. They are all really friendly and I see them more often than my previous ones (which was never). It’s also nice to live with people closer to my own age (i.e. not 47), because going to a discoteca with people your parents’ age is awkward. I was also never really comfortable with Isabel’s picture everywhere you looked, the clutter, and Xena, the dog. Yuck, the dog. (I don’t hate animals, just ones that poo in my room). Now the only thing I need is a closet or a dresser!

1 comment:

  1. Bon Nadal!

    the Christmas fair sounds like fun! way to make a winning display. i love seeing your pictures.

    i'm glad you're in a NEW place with people your own age and close to everything...hopefully that will make a huge difference!

    does this mean you have a new address though? send it to me, please!!

    enjoy your new place and take lots of photos...christmas in europe sounds so cool! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete