Saturday, March 6, 2010

Depilar-se

This might be a random post, but since I just witnessed it, I have to write something...
.
Hair removal. In the states, it is normal for most women to shave their legs, some women to wax, and for men to do nothing.
.
So imagine my surprise when I walked into the living room to find my roommate waxing HIS legs!
.
After a funny conversation, I learned that BOTH my male roommates wax their legs (one only during the summer), and that while it used to be normal only for male swimmers to wax, now it is normal for any man to wax his legs.
.
Just as I was surprised to learn that Eric and Lluis wax, they were also surprised to learn that women shave their legs in the states. I remember my Spanish teacher in Sevilla, Carmen, being equally shocked. Here it is more common for women to wax or to use an epilator, a little machine full of little tweezers. I bought one... ouch.

2 comments:

  1. An epilator? Ouch! I started waxing my legs and pits in October. I like it. I think it's cheaper in Europe. However, I'm reconsidering the pits now because two weeks ago I got an infection from it and it sucked. It also meant that I got to experience socialized medicine which went really nicely for me!

    How funny to find your male roommate waxing his legs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha..... this is funny, thanks for sharing! Cassie :)

    ReplyDelete