Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dia de la Constitució

Happy Andorra Constitution Day! Although Andorra has existed as an independent nation/co-principality since 1278, they've only had a constitution since 1993. No fireworks here, though, as the only things I've seen to celebrate today have been lots of Andorran flags and closed businesses (If only it had fallen on a Monday!).
.
And what day is Constitution Day? March 14... 3/14... a.k.a. Pi (π) Day! I always knew there was something irrational about Andorra. Of course, in Europe they write the day before the month (14/03) so I guess it's not really Pi Day here. There's always Pi Approximation Day, July 22 (22/7).
.
Since there's not a whole lot of interesting information or tradition behind the Constitution Day, I figured I'd give you some useful links on how to celebrate the more transcendental of the two holidays:

3 comments:

  1. oh i change my mind now miss kelsey. YOU are now my #1 nerd. love you :)

    andorra being irrational....hahahaha..you so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Kels.... only you would put 6 different links to websites about Pi.... haha. You are so funny. I hope you made yourself a pie to celebrate! Happy Constitution/Pi Day to you!! Love you! - Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. pi day is SO great. reason #1 why math majors are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete